SBDSP Programming Library
Last Release: September 23, 1994 - 1.03
Last Update: June 7, 1997 - Update on minor bug
SBDSP plays VOC digitized voice files directly on a Sound Blaster or
compatible sound card without without using Creative Labs CT-VOICE
driver. Sounds are played in the background, using a fraction of
the CPU time.
- Doesn't use CT-VOICE driver
- Supports all SB compatible sound cards
- Plays sounds in background using DMA
- Supports sound card configuration detection using BLASTER
- Has the easy-to-use interface of all my sound programmming
- Full Turbo Pascal source code is included
Download SBDSP v1.03 (13,073 bytes)
There is a minor bug in SBDSP. Since I do not support sbdsp anymore,
I am not releasing a new version that fixes the bug, but I am explaining
it here so that users can fix their own version. SBDSP will not work
with sound cards on IRQ10, since it fails to acknowledge interrupts with
the second PIC. The problem is in the routine ClearInterrupt in sbdsp.pas.
The routine, at or around line 448, contains a statement "Port[$20] := $20;"
You should insert, immediately preceding this line, the statement
"Port[$A0] := $20;" This will acknowledge the interrupt with both interrupt
controllers, so it should work in all situations.
Back to Home Page
Ethan Brodsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>