Dr. Justin A. McCarthy
Dr. Justin A. McCarthy is a
of history at the
University of Louisville
in Louisville, Kentucky.
He is an expert on Ottoman history.
Justin and I served together in the
METU (Middle East Technical University)
in Ankara, Turkey
from 1967 to 1969.
He got his Ph.D. in 1978 from U.C.L.A.
Justin's books include:
- Death and Exile: The Ethnic Cleansing of Ottoman Muslims, 1821-1922
(Princeton, N.J. : Darwin Press, ©1995)
- The Ottoman Peoples and the End of Empire (Historical Endings)
(London : Arnold ; New York : Oxford, 2001)
- The Ottoman Turks : An Introductory History to 1923
(London ; New York : Longman, 1997)
- Muslims and Minorities: The Population of Ottoman Anatolia and the End of the
Empire (New York : New York University Press, 1983)
- Turks and Armenians: A manual on the Armenian question
(Washington, D.C. : Committee on Education, Assembly of Turkish American
- Arab World, Turkey, and the Balkans, 1878-1914: A Handbook of Historical
Statistics (Reference Publication in International Historical Statistics)
(Boston, MA : G.K. Hall, ©1982)
- Who Are the Turks? (A Manual for Teachers)
by Justin McCarthy and Carolyn McCarthy with contributions by Talat Halman,
Ülkü Bates, and Özlem Sensöy
(New York, N.Y. : American Forum for Global Education, ©2003)