ECE/CS 552 INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE
Fall 2017 Semester
- Time and Place: (lecture) 11:00 - 11:50, MWF, 324 Wendt Commons
(Optional Discussion session) 17:00 - 18:30 M, 324 Wendt Commons. Specific dates for hold discussion session will be announced in class.
- Instructors: Yu Hen Hu,
Office: 3625 Engr. Hall,
Tel.262-6724, E-mail: hu AT engr dot wisc dot edu
Office hours: 9:00 - 11:00 Tuesday, Thursday
- Teaching Assistant: Gokul Subramanian Ravi
Email: gravi AT wisc dot edu
Office and office hours: TA will be available in class.
- Canvas Course Instruction Page. Accessible by registered students only.
- Coruse description
- Course Outline
- Course conduct
- Textbook: D. Patterson and J. Hennessy, Computer Organization and Design (5e) Interactive Version (MIPS). This is a required electronic textbook for every student. Here is the
instructions for student subscription
- Verilog compilers ModelSim or icrarus will be used in this course.
ModelSim is available at CAE machines. However, you are required to install a verilog compiler at your own laptop computer to engage in-class project/exercises.
- To activate your CAE account, visit
- Verilog Resources
Last update: April 28, 2017