The Javanese Gamelan Instruments
Click on the image or follow the links
below for more information about Javanese gamelan instruments.
Not all of the instruments have a descriptive page yet.
You can also
view a clickable photograph of the instruments
Silhouettes of the
UW Javanese gamelan
Author: Bern Jordan.
- The hanging gongs (in violet):
- Gong ageng,
gong suwuk, and
kempul (all described
on the gongs page).
- The horizontal gong instruments (in shades of
kempyang, and the
- Thick metal bar instruments (in shades of
- Thin metal bar instruments with resonantors (in shades
of red and pink):
- Slenthem and the
- And other instruments... (always under construction)
Created: 10 June 2002
Last updated: 12 July 2002
If you have any accessibility problems with this page, please